Mothers all over the world deserve to be honored and celebrated every single day. If you are a mom, then you should know that you should be able to give yourself that precious gift that can last forever – exceptional dental health.
Of course, we know that as a mother, you are probably very busy. You do have your children and the entire household to take care of, and you might even have to work or run a business. In all that business, it’s not hard to understand why you sometimes have no choice but to prioritize. That means some things get compromised – and unfortunately, most of the time that includes your teeth.
It should not be that way, though! Your oral health is very important. When you pay attention to your teeth and care for them like you care for your family, you can expect them to be in great condition for a really long time, too.
Because we care for you, here are some great dental care tips that you should add on your to-do list:
- Brush your teeth properly. Doing so doesn’t mean you should brush too hard, as that could hurt your gums. But make sure you brush all the surfaces, front and back, up and down.
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes. It takes at least a couple of minutes for you to really remove plaque from your teeth!
- Don’t forget to floss! We know that would take an extra minute or two but you should not skip it. It’s the only way you can remove plaque from between your teeth and protect them from cavities.
- Do some de-stressing! Believe it or not, stress can affect your oral health. It can lead to teeth grinding and clenching, cause TMJ even outbreaks of cold sores and canker sores. Do yoga or some meditative activity to relax.
- Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. You know this of course. This is the exact same thing you tell your kids at the table every meal time. Don’t forget that fruits and veggies are not only good for your overall health but your teeth as well!
- Visit your dentist regularly! Do not push back those dental appointments. You are scheduled to have those cleanings and treatments for a reason. Besides, you do not want your kids to think it is okay to skip dental appointments, do you?
Your kids look up to you and they need you. You want to always set a good example and you want to always be there for them. Keeping your teeth healthy helps you do both!
Are you looking for a dental office that you and your kids can visit and feel comfortable and welcome? Call or visit Pickering Square Dental now!